As I wrote about a few weeks ago, I’m slowly going through the process of merging an older, out of use blog into this one. As such, I’ll be migrating selected blog posts into this space. Most will probably not make the transition for a variety of reasons—there is some truly terrible writing over there, as well as some “probably funny at the time but not so much now” stuff—but as I bring stuff over here I’ll post pointers back to them in case you’re so inclined. My hope is that by doing it this way I can keep the reposting to a minimum and keep posts in accurate date order.
Today, I pulled three posts over, the top three inbound landing pages for years now:
- Manscaping (2007): A very explicit description of an ill-fated attempt to wax my genitals. Not for the squeamish, and probably best to skip from a TMI perspective.
- Top 15 Reasons I Will Be Passed Over for Father of the Year (2008): Doing listicles before they were cool! It’s basically a 8-year-old highlight film of why I’m not a great parent.
- Messy the Pooh (2007): Another overly explicit, overly TMI post—this time about an extraordinarily unfortunate gastrointestinal reaction to fast food coffee. It’s as graphic as it sounds.
Things I’m learning from this process?
- I have more poop-related problems than your average person.
- Nobody in this universe can find me as funny as I find me; I’m strangely okay with that.
- There is a TON of stuff, and precious little is going to make the cut I suspect.
- My number 1 topic? Stupid things I do to myself. I completely understand why I don’t have a lot of ego wrapped up in appearing cool and collected. I’m an idiot.
- My love for the horizontal ellipsis (…) has spanned at LEAST a decade.
Until next time!