Gift giving is awkward; gift receiving is worse! Here’s the deal…generally speaking, things I want fall into one of the following categories:
- I wanted it, so I obtained it
- I want it, but what I want is impossibly specific, so I haven’t yet obtained it
- I want it, but it’s prohibitively expensive, so I haven’t yet obtained it
None of these make great gifts. Honestly, I mostly have what I want, and I’m slowly trying to get rid of extra stuff that doesn’t add value to my life. That brings us to this page. If you wish to get me a gift, I would suggest donations to any of the following:
- Detroit Water Project
- Extra-Life (this one is seasonal, if the link doesn’t work, I haven’t updated for the next year’s event yet)
- Great Aspirations
If you really want to provide a gift, I’ve put together some options that you are welcome to choose from…or not…I’m not the boss of you!
- Amazon Wish List
- Gift cards to Home Depot or pretty much anywhere else that sells lumber
- Books. I love books, and you really can’t go wrong there. My Goodreads has an adequate listing of what I own and/or have read.
Hopefully this is helpful!